Leveraging for a Better Lunch Line Experience
By James Iliff, August 1, 2008
- High School
- School Design
- Social Studies
Common Core Standards
Anchor standards for Speaking and Listening:
Comprehension and Collaboration:
Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
Evaluate a speaker's point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric.
Presentation of Knowledge and Ideas:
Present information, findings, and supporting evidence such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning and the organization, development, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and communicative tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.
Anchor standards for Language:
Conventions of Standard English:
Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Students will be able to look around them and see problems as challenges that they can work on improving.
- Students will be able to work in groups and use the design process to brainstorm, leverage, test, evaluate, and refine ideas.
- Students will be able to evaluate others' proposals and adopt the best ideas into their own solution.
- Building supplies when necessary
- leverage - to use as analogy methods from one area to another.